Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damu
Novice

Does the Intel STK1A32SC support Win10 1709 ?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to purchase the device in object but I have read on a famous online store many customers saying that this device is no more compatible with the last build of Win10 (1709).

Could anyone give me a feedback please ?

Are the performances of this device enough to run "decently" the last build of Win10 ?

Thanks.

Damiano
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Well, it appears that this "famous online store" has a lot of idiots for customers. I am running the very latest Windows 10 builds on my SC ICS without any issues.

OK, I have to be fair; upgrading Windows 10 on devices like this does have its challenges. The upgrade available via Windows Update will fail everytime. This is because of DRAM and disk space limitations - but many (he11, most) tablets have the same issues, so this is not unique. You have to download the full installation ISO and set it up on a USB flash disk and then use this disk to perform the update. You also have to free up as much disk space as possible and, in some cases, add additional disk space (through a SDXC flash). If you have downloaded a lot of apps, then you could have problems. My point though is that it can be upgraded, but you need to know a little bit about what you are doing.

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson

Well, it appears that this "famous online store" has a lot of idiots for customers. I am running the very latest Windows 10 builds on my SC ICS without any issues.

OK, I have to be fair; upgrading Windows 10 on devices like this does have its challenges. The upgrade available via Windows Update will fail everytime. This is because of DRAM and disk space limitations - but many (he11, most) tablets have the same issues, so this is not unique. You have to download the full installation ISO and set it up on a USB flash disk and then use this disk to perform the update. You also have to free up as much disk space as possible and, in some cases, add additional disk space (through a SDXC flash). If you have downloaded a lot of apps, then you could have problems. My point though is that it can be upgraded, but you need to know a little bit about what you are doing.

...S

View solution in original post

damu
Novice

Happy to read your testimonial, Scott!

I supposed the issue was between the chair and the monitor but I wanted to be sure before spending some money.

Thanks a lot.

Damiano

n_scott_pearson

If you make the purchase and have problems applying the updates, let me know and I can try to walk you through it.

...S

damu
Novice

For sure!

Thanks again.

Damiano