cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

EEPROM configuration on expansion boards

Hi,

I am an engineer at Gumstix and we are making expansion boards for Intel® Joule™.

I am interested in knowing how to configure the board I/O at the firmware level. I heard about the "EEPROM configuration tool" which is meant for this purpose but could not find it anywhere on your website. It is supposed to allow you to configure the board I/O, which the BIOS reads from in order to boot the Joule.

I have used libmraa to read from json files to configure Joule I/O from userspace, but I am interested in doing this in the firmware like described above.

Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

- Arun

9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello arunbharadwaj,

Thanks for reaching out!

I've checked the Datasheet for the Intel® Joule™ Compute Module ( http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000022327.html), specifically in section 12.2 where it is mentioned that Joule's interfaces can be reconfigured as GPIO lines by defining a configuration table stored within an EEPROM device on the expansion board. I believe this is what you are referring to, right?

Let me know.

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

Yes, that is exactly what I am referring to. I am looking for more details on how I could read and modify this configuration table stored within the EEPROM.

Thanks for your quick reply.

- Arun

idata
Community Manager

I understand, please let me investigate about this. If I'm able to find something useful I will post it in here.

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

- Arun

idata
Community Manager

Hi Peter,

I was wondering if you were able to find a solution for my question.

- Arun

idata
Community Manager

Hi Arun,

I'm still looking into it, I'll try to update you as quickly as possible.

-Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Arun,

I have just sent you a private message, could you please check it?

-Peter.
AAndr46
Beginner

Peter,

why send a private reply, other users on this board need the same information.

Andrew

idata
Community Manager

Hello Andrew,

I understand other users might also be interested in this information, nevertheless, the information that was shared with Arun wasn't responding directly his question but instead we were informing him that considering the context of his request we would like to handle his case internally.

If you want to get in contact with us about the same matter I suggest you to submit an email to the following form https://customercare.intel.com/?lang=en-US. There we might be able to provide further details about this subject.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Peter.