cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor I

Eclipse Communicating with Arduino

Jump to solution

Hi,

On the project that I am working on, I want to write some codes in eclipse IDE and another in the arduino IDE. I want to be able to enable two of them to talk to each other at the same time especially at run-time. I saw a post about the Linux platform communicating with arduino IDE. It is kind of what I want to do but instead of in the direct Linux of the Intel Edison, I want to do it in Eclipse. I tried to apply the same knowledge of the direct Linux to the eclipse platform but it did not work out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Hi dunex_1,

I recommend you to check the following guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/05/05/efficient-data-sharing-using-interrupts-on-intel-e... IoT - Data sharing between programming environments on Intel® Edison | Intel® Developer Zone. The guide explains how to share data between environments. You will also find an example that uses the Arduino environment and a Node.js script; however you could use Eclipse instead. Basically, the way to share data is through text files. You create and save data in a text file in one environment, and then, you open that file and read the data in the other environment. The guide is explained very well, I recommend you to check it.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Employee

Hi dunex_1,

I recommend you to check the following guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/05/05/efficient-data-sharing-using-interrupts-on-intel-e... IoT - Data sharing between programming environments on Intel® Edison | Intel® Developer Zone. The guide explains how to share data between environments. You will also find an example that uses the Arduino environment and a Node.js script; however you could use Eclipse instead. Basically, the way to share data is through text files. You create and save data in a text file in one environment, and then, you open that file and read the data in the other environment. The guide is explained very well, I recommend you to check it.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post