Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COkon
New Contributor I

Eclipse Communicating with Arduino

Jump to solution

Hi,

On the project that I am working on, I want to write some codes in eclipse IDE and another in the arduino IDE. I want to be able to enable two of them to talk to each other at the same time especially at run-time. I saw a post about the Linux platform communicating with arduino IDE. It is kind of what I want to do but instead of in the direct Linux of the Intel Edison, I want to do it in Eclipse. I tried to apply the same knowledge of the direct Linux to the eclipse platform but it did not work out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi dunex_1,

I recommend you to check the following guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/05/05/efficient-data-sharing-using-interrupts-on-intel-e... IoT - Data sharing between programming environments on Intel® Edison | Intel® Developer Zone. The guide explains how to share data between environments. You will also find an example that uses the Arduino environment and a Node.js script; however you could use Eclipse instead. Basically, the way to share data is through text files. You create and save data in a text file in one environment, and then, you open that file and read the data in the other environment. The guide is explained very well, I recommend you to check it.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi dunex_1,

I recommend you to check the following guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/05/05/efficient-data-sharing-using-interrupts-on-intel-e... IoT - Data sharing between programming environments on Intel® Edison | Intel® Developer Zone. The guide explains how to share data between environments. You will also find an example that uses the Arduino environment and a Node.js script; however you could use Eclipse instead. Basically, the way to share data is through text files. You create and save data in a text file in one environment, and then, you open that file and read the data in the other environment. The guide is explained very well, I recommend you to check it.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post