cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Edison Board Buffer

Hello all,

If i send data to the edison board where do the edison save these data ? is there like a built-in buffer in which the packets are saved in ?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hello Massem,

It would depend on how you are sending the data. I mean, for example, if you use UART to communicate, it has a buffer to hold received characters and a buffer to transmit data. You can check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_asynchronous_receiver/transmitter Universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter to learn more about how UART works.

Most of the communication interfaces have a similar behaviors but how work differs from case to case. In order to give a more accurate answer I would need to know how you'd like to send data.

Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Thanks Intel_Peter for your reply,I am sending data over bluetooth to the edison board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Bluetooth is a special case since it'll act in different ways depending on the profile you are using but actually it has a profile called SPP or Serial Port Profile in which it acts as a serial port so, indeed it has a buffer but this time it's not a hardware buffer but a software buffer.

Peter.

0 Kudos