cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLee179
Beginner

Edison Build Error

Hi~

When I built The Linux source of Intel Edison on VMware Ubuntu Desktop 15.04, I met the problem by the command 'bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig' :

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-decl.c:5701:16: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]

| error (errmsg);

| ^

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-decl.c: In function 'tree_node* grokparms(c_arg_info*, bool)':

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-decl.c:6482:21: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]

| error (errmsg);

| ^

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c: In function 'int convert_arguments(location_t, vec, tree, vec*, vec*, tree, tree)':

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c:3299:28: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]

| error (invalid_func_diag);

| ^

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c: In function 'tree_node* build_unary_op(location_t, tree_code, tree, int)':

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c:3798:42: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]

| error_at (location, invalid_op_diag);

| ^

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c: In function 'void error_init(const char*)':

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c:6418:16: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]

| error (gmsgid);

| ^

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c: In function 'void pedwarn_init(location_t, int, const char*)':

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c:6435:33: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]

| pedwarn (location, opt, gmsgid);

| ^

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c: In function 'void warning_init(int, const char*)':

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c:6453:23: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]

| warning (opt, gmsgid);

| ^

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c: In function 'tree_node* build_binary_op(location_t, tree_code, tree, tree, int)':

| /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/c/c-typeck.c:10113:42: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Wformat-security]

| error_at (location, invalid_op_diag);

| ^

| Makefile:2111: recipe for target 's-attrtab' failed

| make[1]: *** [s-attrtab] Killed

| make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

| /bin/bash /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work-shared/gcc-4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/gcc/../move-if-change tmp-automata.c insn-automata.c

| echo timestamp > s-automata

| rm gcc.pod

| make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work/x86_64-poky-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/4.9.1-r0/gcc-4.9.1/build.x86_64-linux.i586-poky-linux/gcc'

| Makefile:3954: recipe for target 'all-gcc' failed

| make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work/x86_64-poky-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/4.9.1-r0/temp/log.do_compile.45117)

ERROR: Task 210 (/home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.9.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 223 tasks of which 0 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:

/home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-cross-initial_4.9.bb, do_compile

Summary: There were 2 WARNING messages shown.

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

6 Replies
Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Are all the dependencies installed correctly? Does your VM has enough space to store the new image?

The only errors you see are after running the command bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig? Are there any errors from other steps? I can see in your error log you are using the out folder instead of edison-src/build. If you are having this "out" folder as default you can set the build folder when you run the setup script by adding --build_dir= /home/jae/edison/edison-src. If you already did this process more than once remember to not overwrite the changes and delete the files that were created unsuccessfully.

What BSP are you using? What version of gcc are you using?

Also take a look at http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/ref-manual/ref-manual.html# detailed-supported-distros Yocto Project Reference Manual . Ubuntu 15.04 is not listed in the supported distros section. If possible, try using 14.04

Sergio

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jaemyoun

Have you been able to build the image?

Regards,

Charlie

JLee179
Beginner

No.

The 'bitbake image' command also caused the problem.

The 'out' folder was set for me. I didn't change it. I will check with adding the --build-dir option.

Thanks,

Jae

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

And what about the BSP, what BSP version are you using and what GCC version?

Have you tried, if possible, to run in Ubuntu 14.04 instead of 15.04?

What is the content of /home/jae/edison/edison-src/out/linux64/build/tmp/work/x86_64-poky-linux/gcc-cross-initial-i586/4.9.1r0/temp/log.do_compile.45117?

Sergio

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

You can also find this guide useful:

Sergio

JLee183
Novice

oops~ I already changed to Ubuntu 14.04.

Thanks for your help.

Jae