Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

Edison DNS problem

BTura1
New Contributor I

Hi,

My Edison can ping IP addresses but not domains. It doesn't seem to resolve DNS or DNS server defined?

I wonder if there is a additional step to set up dns server or should I expect to edison get it automatically from DHCP?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MMich22
New Contributor II

For some reason my Edison does get a wrong IP from my dhcp server. I do not know yet where the problem is. What may help you is to change the nameserver to 8.8.4.4

Therefore change the nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf. This should help you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MMich22
New Contributor II

For some reason my Edison does get a wrong IP from my dhcp server. I do not know yet where the problem is. What may help you is to change the nameserver to 8.8.4.4

Therefore change the nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf. This should help you.

View solution in original post

BTura1
New Contributor I

thanks, are you getting NameServer record from your DHCP automatically?

MMich22
New Contributor II

No. For some reason my edison also gets the wrong IP address. It uses always 192.168.2.X. I do not know yet why this happens. For now I'm using static settings for wlan0.

TKanw
Beginner

Going to throw out another possible issue I've seen recently:

If your system partition is full, resolv.conf will be corrupted and DNS resolution will fail. The solution here is, of course, to clear out some space in the system partition. In my particular case, this was the no-limit journal logging issue describe here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2014/11/18/intel-edison-troubleshooting-and-faq Troubleshooting Intel® Edison and Intel® Galileo | Intel® Developer Zone