Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

Edison Driver Setup 1.0.0 dows not install on Windows 10

IFark
New Contributor I

As developers moved to Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015, please update the Edison Driver Setup to be compatible with Windows 10.

Also make IDE available on Visual Studio 2015 to keep Intel Edison momentum growing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IFark
New Contributor I

I resolved it. Might not need all steps, but this worked for me. Using Windows 10 Build 9879.

1. Right mouse click on Edison Driver Setup 1.0.0 and select Properties from the context menu.
  2. Click compatibility tab
  3. Set Windows 8 compatibility mode and select Run this program as an administrator.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Right mouse click and Run as administrator.

In Device Manager update the USB Serial Device (COMxx) port to get the Intel Edison Virtual Com Port (COMxx) port.

Arduino worked without the update, but the right name is better for consistency.

Both Arduino upload and PuTTY are working fine.

Thx, Intel

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MMoy
New Contributor II

There are allot of applications that show the same error message, as they should because its not even released yet.

IFark
New Contributor I

Since Windows 10 is in beta and released soon, they all should work properly in the next build.

It's just best practices :-)

QWang15
Novice

Sounds bad, The Windows 10 is only Beta, You can use the official version of Operating system,Such as Windows7...

IFark
New Contributor I
QWang15
Novice

What? But I don't think so. May be he is using "Windows Technical Preview"

IFark
New Contributor I

I resolved it. Might not need all steps, but this worked for me. Using Windows 10 Build 9879.

1. Right mouse click on Edison Driver Setup 1.0.0 and select Properties from the context menu.
  2. Click compatibility tab
  3. Set Windows 8 compatibility mode and select Run this program as an administrator.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Right mouse click and Run as administrator.

In Device Manager update the USB Serial Device (COMxx) port to get the Intel Edison Virtual Com Port (COMxx) port.

Arduino worked without the update, but the right name is better for consistency.

Both Arduino upload and PuTTY are working fine.

Thx, Intel

View solution in original post

QWang15
Novice