Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9881 Discussions

Edison Flash tool invisible on mac Yosemite

DDirk
Novice

Hi,

After reporting some strange behaviour of my Edison, I got the advise to try to re-flash it. So I downloaded and installed the Flash tool for mac It was a file called 'PhoneFlashToolLite_5.2.4.22_mac64.pkg'.

I double-clicked on it and an install procedure started, and the process looked well.

However, after the (successful) procedure, I cannot find the Flash Tool anywhere. Not in the Applications folders, not elsewhere I looked. The procedure gave the option to specify the location of the installation, but the only two available options where 'Macintosh HD' or 'Edison'. I could not specify the path.

I installed it a second time, same result.

Since the install procedure reported to have been successful, I think it is there somewhere. Does anyone know what is the path and file name where the Flash Tool could be? If I at least have the correct name, I could try to find it with the 'find -name' command.

Thanks in advance,

Dirk.

1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Dirk1969,

I just installed Flash Tool Lite on my Mac (also on Yosemite) and I was able to find the tool in the following path:

/Applications/Phone Flash Tool Lite.app

Once you are there, go to:

/Applications/Phone Flash Tool Lite.app/contents/MacOS

And type:

sudo ./phoneflashtoollite

The tool should open normally.

Peter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Dirk1969,

I just installed Flash Tool Lite on my Mac (also on Yosemite) and I was able to find the tool in the following path:

/Applications/Phone Flash Tool Lite.app

Once you are there, go to:

/Applications/Phone Flash Tool Lite.app/contents/MacOS

And type:

sudo ./phoneflashtoollite

The tool should open normally.

Peter.

DDirk
Novice

Thanks! I could find indeed the Flash Tool on the path you mentioned.