Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDirk
Novice

Edison Flash tool invisible on mac Yosemite

Jump to solution

Hi,

After reporting some strange behaviour of my Edison, I got the advise to try to re-flash it. So I downloaded and installed the Flash tool for mac It was a file called 'PhoneFlashToolLite_5.2.4.22_mac64.pkg'.

I double-clicked on it and an install procedure started, and the process looked well.

However, after the (successful) procedure, I cannot find the Flash Tool anywhere. Not in the Applications folders, not elsewhere I looked. The procedure gave the option to specify the location of the installation, but the only two available options where 'Macintosh HD' or 'Edison'. I could not specify the path.

I installed it a second time, same result.

Since the install procedure reported to have been successful, I think it is there somewhere. Does anyone know what is the path and file name where the Flash Tool could be? If I at least have the correct name, I could try to find it with the 'find -name' command.

Thanks in advance,

Dirk.

Tags (1)
1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Dirk1969,

I just installed Flash Tool Lite on my Mac (also on Yosemite) and I was able to find the tool in the following path:

/Applications/Phone Flash Tool Lite.app

Once you are there, go to:

/Applications/Phone Flash Tool Lite.app/contents/MacOS

And type:

sudo ./phoneflashtoollite

The tool should open normally.

Peter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Dirk1969,

I just installed Flash Tool Lite on my Mac (also on Yosemite) and I was able to find the tool in the following path:

/Applications/Phone Flash Tool Lite.app

Once you are there, go to:

/Applications/Phone Flash Tool Lite.app/contents/MacOS

And type:

sudo ./phoneflashtoollite

The tool should open normally.

Peter.

View solution in original post

DDirk
Novice

Thanks! I could find indeed the Flash Tool on the path you mentioned.