cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VGopa2
New Contributor I

Edison abnormal behavior in long run

Hi Intel,

We have come across some very wierd behaviour from Intel Edison module and now it seems to not working at all. This has occured after consistent testing of the device for more than 2 months. I have attached the boot up logs here:

******************************PSH KERNEL VERSION: b0182b2b WR: 20104000******************************SCU IPC: 0x800000d0 0xfffce92cPSH miaHOB version: TNG.B0.VVBD.0000000cmicrokernel built 11:24:08 Feb 5 2015******* PSH loader *******PCM page cache size = 192 KBCache Constraint = 0 PagesArming IPC driver ..Adding page store pool ..PagestoreAddr(IMR Start Address) = 0x04899000pageStoreSize(IMR Size) = 0x00080000</t...
0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Vinu,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Edison™ Platform.

I'm sorry to hear that your Edison is not working. Could you be so kind to specify what exactly is not working with your Edison? Also, it would be helpful if you could give us more detail regarding the weird behavior of the Edison.

We will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
VGopa2
New Contributor I

Hi Jose,

We have figured out what went wrong with the Edison. The MRAA library was not successfully compiled before running the application and that made Edison to crash. We are pretty sure that this was the primary reason. I will get back to you if we are not able to resolve this.

Thanks

Vinu

idata
Community Manager

Hi Vinu,

I'm glad to know that your Edison is working now! Please don't hesitate to come back if any questions come up.

Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
Andriy_S_Intel
Employee

FerryT used to have similar issue once. My narration of mine words to him: I'm pretty sure that the issue is in SDA hold timeouts which are hard coded into the driver. I copied them to vanilla kernel blindly and rarely saw an issue with GPIO extender initialization. Besides that I would recommend to check current you supply to the board. It might be just a power issue (not enough power / current comes to the board).

FerryT
Valued Contributor I

0andriy My issue was different: 1-0020 failed to initialize while 1-0021 .. 1-0023 initialized fine. Moreover, that was on the Edison Arduino, using the vanilla kernel from your tree. Just when I started to suspect a hardware problem, I booted with original image and found the same error. I then had the bright idea to do a cold start (unpower) instead of warm (shutdown, followed by pressing the reset button).

My conclusion is: the kernel (same for vanilla and original edison image kernel) does not initialize all hardware properly on boot. In this case the i2c slave.

We already found similar problems in the the hsu (high speed uart) a year ago on the original kernel. There appear to be ways to crash the Edison (writing a string larger than buffer size to the uart) that will only recover with a cold start.

Nothing wrong with your kernel though. Apart from the stuff not implemented yet, what is implemented is just fantastic.