Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSanc8
Beginner

Edison as SPIMaster gets shifted data from SPIslave at frequency higher than 1MHz

A brief description of my system:

I have an intel Edison as a HUB gathering data from a Nordic micro controller through SPI. The Edison is the master and the microcontroller is the slave, which has a maximum SPIslave frequency of 8MHz. I have settled in both sides the SPI_mode 3.

When I set the clock frequency to 1MHz, the system works fine, i read the data properly, however when in the edison HUB I increase the SPI speed to 2MHz or higher, the data is received one bit shifted .

On the oscilloscope I see the clock signal properly but on the MISO line I get the data shifted.

Any idea how can I solve this? The micro controller slave does support this high frequency and if i try it with another hub it works!

My system needs a high throughput, therefore I need a higher SPI speed.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello user_1321,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would like to ask you which image you are using as well as if you are using mraa to code your project and if so, which version of this library are you using?

Is it possible for you to share a picture of the oscilloscope measurement? It would also be of much help if you could share your code in here, or at least a simplified version of the code that simply lets you replicate the issue.

I will be waiting for your response.

Pedro M.
idata
Community Manager

Hello user_1321,

Do you have any updates about this?

Pedro M.