cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAtlu1
New Contributor II

Edison as mass storage - Need more space

Dear Friends

Is there a way to increase the default space available for edison when connected as mass storage

The current space is roughly 800 MB. I need around 2.5 GB with 1.5 for OS.

Thanking you

5 Replies
Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I've found a couple of guides you might find helpful.

Take a look at

Sergio

jhane2
New Contributor I

You could keep /home in the rootfs and then pull the home partition into the update partition. The update partition is the vfat partition that is detected when you plug the edison into a host. This would get you close without using SD card.

jeff

RAtlu1
New Contributor II

jhane

You know what commands to run to pull the home partition into the update partition and then reuse that same? I prefer it without sd card..

jhane2
New Contributor I

I haven't done this so I can't tell you the exact commands but I have been playing with the partitions so can point you in the right direction

- modify u-boot.env to remove the home partition and up all remaining space in the update partition

- look at the post-install.sh script, this does the copy of /home from the rootfs image and copies to the /home partition that you see now. you don't want that to happen

- also, something is generating an entry in /etc/fstab to mount the home partition. I'm not sure if this is based on the actually partition table or if something in the boot process does this so you would have to investigate.

You may be able to manually try this on a system by editing your fstab and using fdisk to re-partition and combine home and update. I don't think you could re-boot after doing this because there would be a mis-match with u-boot but you can re-flash to get to a working state again.

jeff

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Mosfet,

Have you worked in this? Did you try with Jeff's suggestion?

Regards,

Charlie