cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMont11
New Contributor I

Edison bluetooth can't find controller

Hello,

I have been trying to run the bluetooth LE on the edison and it seems it is not working since it cannot find device? what could be the problem, here is the output i get when i run

hciconfig hci0 up

Can't get device info: No such device

I try the same thing in bluetoothctl for scan on and it also can't find anything.

I also have already installed all the required npm packages and ran the following before that:

opkg install bluez5-dev

Package bluez5-dev (5.24-r0) installed in root is up to date.

Collected errors:

* opkg_conf_parse_file: Duplicate src declaration (edison http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/edisonhciconfig http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/edisonhciconfig). Skipping.

Please Help !

Admir

7 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello a_Monteiro,

Did you unblock the Bluetooth interface? If you didn't you can do it with the command:

rfkill unblock bluetooth

An if you want to scan for BLE devices you can do it with the command:

hcitool lescan

Peter.

AMont11
New Contributor I

Hi Intel_Peter,

I did try the unlock to now avail. I even did rfkill list to see if the bluetooth is not locked but it isn't even available. It seems hcitool lescan doesn't even work if hciconfig does not work.

I don't know where else to turn to. I want to flash again now to start from scratch but the flash app is not recognizing my edison and the volume is not showing up on my disk utility on my mac. What would you say the step to take now is?

Thanks

Admir M.

mkawa8
Novice

Hi a_Monteiro

Do you try this after bluetooth unblock?

''' 

root@edison~:hciconfig hci0 up 

'''

And If you use bleno. I recommend

'''

root@edison~:rfkill unblock bluetooth

root@edison~:killall bluetoothd # because degration between blend and bluetoothd

root@edison~:hciconfig hci0 up

'''

regards,

masato-ka

AMont11
New Contributor I

hey masato-ka,

I tried that as well, but also to no avail.

I really don't know where to go >?

Admir M.

AMont11
New Contributor I

Maybe this help, here is the output of running those two commands :

hciconfig hci0 up

Can't get device info: No such device

root@admir:~# killall bluetoothd

killall: bluetoothd: no process killed

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

a_Monteiro,

Since you are having issues with the Edison's drive, then the first thing you should do is to reflash the board. I understand that Flash Tool Lite is not recognizing your board, right? If so, then you should try to use . I believe your Bluetooth issue might also be related to your image. It is very strange that Bluetooth isn't listed in rfkill list. Try to reflash the board using the flashall method and let us know how it turns out.

Peter.

AMont11
New Contributor I

Hi,

It seemed thats the only way it worked. I ended up connecting the edison my ubuntu OS and doing the flashall for it to be flashed and recognized again. One also has to sudo for the flashall method to work. Now I can see the Edison Volume and see my bluetooth module, I appreciate it. thanks !