Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

Edison board keep on restarting?

APPIREDDY_A_Intel

Hi All,

I am doing some experiments with Edison board. I am able to boot Yocto Linux successfully but keep on restarting OS(Linux) after some time(around 1 min). Did any one faced this issue?

Please let me know what configuration I need to change. It would be better if any one explaini what scenario this can happen.

Thanks in Advance.

Appi

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MMich22
New Contributor II

Do you reach the login using serial or ssh connection? If not this would imply that the watchdog is resetting your edison.

APPIREDDY_A_Intel

Yes I am able to reach login. In this case what would be the reason if you have any idea please let me know?

KEckh
Valued Contributor III

I had something like this when I was earlier and I think it was a power issue. I have an XBee plugged in and maybe a TFT display. I have not run into this since I started to use external power to power my Edison.

mweal1
New Contributor III

I had a similar problem when I was running the breakout board with a 5V supply with a UVC camera. Powering the board with the correct 7-15 V solved the problem.