cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Edison firmware upgrade

Jump to solution

I have a new Edison module on which I was attempting to upgrade the firmware. I died in process and now dies with "Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

The unit is not identified when connected to USB ports, so I can not reload firmware. I can stop auto-boot sequence in serial port which would allow me to "boot dfu"

but I can not determine attributes necessary to accomplish this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andriy_S_Intel
Employee

What lsusb shows? I think it's quite hard to brick it. The DnX loader, I suspect, should be somewhere deeper than area for IFWI. If this is correct, xfstk might rescue it.

UPDATE. Oh, missed that you are able to get into U-Boot command prompt! So, it doesn't bricked at all. As I said, xfstk will do the job. Just run flashall.sh script with --recovery (? I don't remember) parameter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Andriy_S_Intel
Employee

What lsusb shows? I think it's quite hard to brick it. The DnX loader, I suspect, should be somewhere deeper than area for IFWI. If this is correct, xfstk might rescue it.

UPDATE. Oh, missed that you are able to get into U-Boot command prompt! So, it doesn't bricked at all. As I said, xfstk will do the job. Just run flashall.sh script with --recovery (? I don't remember) parameter.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hi Thom1394,

Could try 0andriy suggestion? Please let us know your results.

We will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
idata
Community Manager

Got the Slap (memory) stick system up and stumbling. xFSTK came up and then went to standard load. Smooth as silk!

Thanks for the help.

Thom

idata
Community Manager

Hi Thom1394,

I'm glad to hear that your issue is fix! If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

We hope you have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.