Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

Edison keeps on connecting and disconnecting,

FBhar
Beginner

My Edison keeps on connecting and disconnecting, every few seconds, to the computer and therefore makes is impossible to upload the sketches and run them. Has anyone seen this before? Its me blocking me from completing my project, as it is extremely difficult to upload my code.

How can it prevented from connecting and disconnecting every few seconds?

I am connecting directly to the Edison through the micro-USB ports, and after the code is uploaded, removing the power/data wire to plug into a portable battery would stop the code.

How can you upload the code though the network and have it automatically start working?

Would appreciate any help.

2 Replies
Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Far,

Could you please tell me which Edison are you using? The Arduino Expansion Board or the Breakout Board? Something you could try is to power the board using AC power supply, this way the USB port/cable won't have to provide the power to the board. You can also try changing the USB cable or the computer USB port.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Far

Have you been able to upload sketches to the board? Do you stil having the connecting and disconnecting behavior?

Regards,

Charlie