cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Edison power supply, minimal current ?

Hello,

I use the INTEL EDISON in my application, and in its datasheet, we can supply it between 3.15 and 4.5V.

I would like to use a 3.3V (because it is possible..), but when I make it, sometimes the Edison starts and sometimes not, or switch off later.

I think, it's because there is an electrical voltage drop (3.3V -> 3.10 / 3.15V)

But my power supply is reliable, it's a vigortronix 5W 3.3V.

What yo recommend me? It is really possible to use a 3.3V power supply for the Edison in 3.3V, and with which power?

Or no, and i must use an adjustable regulator, but with which power for my power block before?

Or other things.

Thanks,

François

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Novice

If you are using intel edison arduino breakout board, then

You can power Intel Edison either using microUSB(5V) or using external adapter(7V-15V). If I am not wrong, 3.15V-4.5V is what edison module can supply to the digital/Analog outputs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello François,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® Edison Breakout Board.

I think you may be right about the voltage drop that you experience when connecting your power supply.

I would recommend using a 3.3 V voltage regulator in order to achieve the stable DC voltage the compute module needs. The power supply that enters the voltage regulator depends on the chip that you choose.

I hope you find the previous information useful.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello François,

I was wondering if you had the chance to check the suggestion provided.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos