Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eyuan2
New Contributor I

Edison reboot by watchdog

Hello,

I meet a strange problem from edison

I find out my edison will reboot automatically at a interval time.

Before it reboot again.I checked the crashlog file in /home/root/crashlog_00007.

and find out it was caused by kernal watchdog reset.

But i don't think i every touched anything in kernal.

Does anyone know the reason.

I now have to reflash the board if i want to play with it.

Below is the crashlog_00007

Below are the information that i get if i open the crashfile from crashlog_00007

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this behavior on my board and see the crashlog file but from the look of the pictures you attached it seems there was a kernel modification of some other kind of configuration. The Edison shouldn't reboot automatically as you describe. The Edison can also reboot automatically if it isn't receiving enough power, make sure to power it correctly.

Additionally, there's a new image available for download here https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/downloads https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/downloads . Flash your Edison with this new image and let us know if this behavior persists.

Sergio

eyuan2
New Contributor I

Hey Sergio

Yes, I can solve the problem by reflash the system. and I already did that, just curious about the root reason of it.

The power system is OK. Not sure it's because i didnot turn it off by command or it's because some file are damaged when i update something?

Eric

idata
Community Manager

The Watchdog timer can be used to trigger a reset in the event that the system has become unresponsive.

In your case, it's possible that something made the OS crash, thus rebooting the Edison.

Sergio
eyuan2
New Contributor I

Yes.I think it's because i upload something or some file was damaged while i unplug the power supplier.

I also find out if i update the nodejs to v0.12.1,then i cannot connect my edison to XDK through ssh while i can control it by putty through SSH