Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SChri11
Beginner

Edison stuck on boot

I was following this tutorial to connect a bluetooth speaker on startup :https://github.com/maestr0/intel-edison GitHub - maestr0/intel-edison: Basic shell scripts for my Intel Edison

I changed the MAC address in the script file to the one of my speaker and rebooted the edison. Now the edison fails to connect to the speaker and is stuck on boot. When the connection fails, the edison reboots again. Is there any way to remove the script or boot?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi c2,

Thank you for contacting us. I believe the easiest approach to follow here to recover your Edison is to try and re-flash the image. The preferred method to flash the firmware is using the Setup Tool described here https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-edison-windows-step2 . Just download the tool and follow the steps until completion.

You can also use the manual process to flash the board, which is described here https://software.intel.com/en-us/flashing-firmware-on-your-intel-edison-board-windows .

Let us know if you're successful at flashing the board and if the Edison continues to be stuck on boot.

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio A

SChri11
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. But I would like to not lose the data as well. Is that possible? Re-flashing would mean that all data will be lost?

idata
Community Manager

Hi c2,

Yes, re-flashing would mean losing all the data. Unfortunately, it seems like it's the only option available, since you don't have terminal access. Without access to the Linux terminal there's not much that can be done to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Keep us updated on your results.

-Sergio A

SChri11
Beginner

Can something be done from the boot menu? I can get to the boot menu..

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

We reviewed the options that are available from the boot menu and there doesn't seem to be nothing that would allow us to edit specific script files. These options can be viewed if you type "help" in the boot menu, there you can see which commands can be used along with a description of how the command works. Unfortunately, it appears the only way to regain terminal access would be to re-flash the board.

We understand this can be an inconvenience and wish there was another option to help you recover the files. If you decide to proceed with the re-flash, please keep us updated.

Regards,

-Sergio A

SChri11
Beginner

Thanks. I reflashed with the tool but it did not work. So I had to do the manual reflashing and its ok now.

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for confirming the manual re-flashing method worked. Don't hesitate to contact us again if help is needed. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

-Sergio A