Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPark58
Beginner

Edison unable to make it as external drive

Hi

I received edison and Arduino develop board yesterday

and was playing along and suddenly I was flashing some sample codes

and for some reason I got in to this situation.

When I connect the edison to computer, it appears as "Merrifield device" and cannot access to the storage which was possible before.

I tried debugging with serial port and saw that it stops where it says things about fastboot. I can't get to the point where I can type any commands.

So I can't actually try breaking the brick mode of this.

Any suggestions will be great.

is there any way to forcibly manually reset the whole board?

Thank you

Jae Park

2 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JaePark,

This issue has been reported before; take a look at the following thread:

I recommend you to try to re-flash your Edison. There are different ways you could try to re-flash the module:

1. Using the Flash Tool Lite. This is the usual method to flash the module. You can download the Flash Tool Lite from the following site: https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/downloads IoT - Intel® Edison Board Download | Intel® Developer Zone
  2. Using the flashall script. This is an alternative method that you could try if the Flash Tool Lite doesn't work. Check the following document where there is a description of this method:

There are a couple of additional suggestions in the thread I mentioned above. I recommend you to check them.

Also, if you have access to different Operative Systems I recommend you to try the flashing methods in each OS. Some users have reported that the flashing methods didn't work in a particular OS, but when they tried them using another OS one or both methods worked.

Make sure the USB cables work properly and the module is powered up correctly. If you are powering the board only through the USB port, I recommend you to use a DC power supply instead.

Regards,

Diego.

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi JaePark,

Were you able to recover your Edison?

Regards,

Diego