Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Edison wifi connects, but no status page

After upgrade to new firmware, I am unable to view edison status page.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Ali Siddiqui,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Edison Platform.

I would recommend you to follow this thread where someone had your same issue https://communities.intel.com/thread/55530 https://communities.intel.com/thread/55530 . If this doesn't work could you please provide me the version of your latest image. I hope you find this information useful, have a nice day.

Best Regards,

-Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Were you able to access the status page of your Edison by following my past suggestion? I will be waiting for your reply.

I hope you have a great day.

Regards,

-Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

No i wasn't able to access status page, i had reflash to an older firmware i believe 2.5 or lower

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi MASiddiqui,

Thanks for your quick reply, you are absolutely right I downloaded the latest image and there is no status page. Do you have any more technical questions regarding the Intel Edison? I will be waiting for your reply.

I appreciate your post, have a nice day.

Regards,

-Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

So what should i do now, i need to run face recognition system and monitor its o/p on the web

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi MASiddiqui ,

Can you explain me your problem better? Were you able to access the status page by reflashing an older image? If you were successful in connecting to the status page, can you please provide more information regarding how you are going to run a face recognition system in your Edison? Thanks I'm sorry for asking, but this is in order to help you in a better way.

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day.

Regards,

-Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi MASiddiqui,

Were you able to run the face recognition system using the Edison? Please let me know if have any more technical questions regarding the Edison, I will be happy to help you.

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day.

Regards,

-Jose

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

No I am still unable to access Edison status page, it seems like the service never started and I don't know how to start the server

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi MASiddiqui,

I flash version 159 to my Edison and was able to access the status page, I attach you the images below so you can see it working. Which version do you have?

I will be waiting for your reply, we hope you have a nice day.

Best Regards,

-Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I have 2016061707, wait did you install apache server? Also if you could please provide the link for firmware which you installed on your system.

Do you see following at the time of login?

Poky (Yocto Project Reference Distro) 1.7.2 Edison ttyMFD2

Edison login:

if yes then you have older firmware installed i.e. 3.5

I have 4.0 and mine is the following

Poky (Yocto Project Reference Distro) 1.7.3 Newton ttyMFD2

Newton login

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi MASiddiqui,

I didn't install apache server, you can find the image that I used in this link (http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25028/eng/edison-image-ww25.5-15.zip http://downloadmirror.intel.com/25028/eng/edison-image-ww25.5-15.zip ). Don't forget to add the dfu-util.exe and the libusb-1.0.dll to this file in order to flash the image correctly (http://dfu-util.sourceforge.net/releases/dfu-util-0.8-binaries/win32-mingw32/ Index of /releases/dfu-util-0.8-binaries/win32-mingw32 ). Also you can see the version of my image in my previous reply. Please let me know your results.

I will be waiting for your reply, I hope you have a nice day.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi MASiddiqui,

Were you able to access the status page of your Edison? Please let me know in order to assist you.

I will be waiting for your reply, I hope you have a nice day.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

As I have already told you that using old firmware i was able to access status page but with this new firmware I was not able to do so.

Therefore, I installed apache server to do what I was trying to do. Alas, the image is too dark and opencv is unable set the parameters of the camera.

Thanks for your effort though.

MASiddiqui

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi MASiddiqui,

I thought your issue was finding a firmware version that could access the status page, my mistake I apologize for that. I have find out that not being able to access the status page is a known issue for the latest firmware. That being said we would appreciate if you could share your results on how to create a webserver using apache, since it can benefit other users. If you have any more technical questions regarding the Intel Edison, please don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you have a nice day.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos