Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9874 Discussions

Enable Command Line Processor

DPatt3
Beginner

Just got our shiny new Joule . Have managed to get Windows 10 IoT Core loaded on the eMMC and it boots. I would like to try some simple command line stuff. When I try using the command line, I get and error "Access is Denied" and a button to Enable Command Line Processor. When the Enable button is clicked I am prompted for user name and password. Looks like the user name is "Administrator" and I do not see what the password should be. What is default password? Been digging for a while and can not seem to find password and how simply enable command line.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

audiog33k,

I'll save you some headaches. Whenever you have general IoT related questions like this, go to this forum for help:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WindowsIoT Msdn forums - Windows IoT

as the Intel people will tell you to go there. But, the default password for the Administrator account for IoT is p@ssw0rd. You can find it on numerous sites. I found that google has been VERY helpful when trying to figure things like that out.

C-Coder

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

audiog33k,

I'll save you some headaches. Whenever you have general IoT related questions like this, go to this forum for help:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WindowsIoT Msdn forums - Windows IoT

as the Intel people will tell you to go there. But, the default password for the Administrator account for IoT is p@ssw0rd. You can find it on numerous sites. I found that google has been VERY helpful when trying to figure things like that out.

C-Coder

DPatt3
Beginner

C-Coder

I will take a look at the Windows IoT forum.

BTW, I tried

user: Administrator

password: p@ssw0rd

and I get an error saying that it failed to enable Command Line Processor.

Dan