Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Enabling jupyter/jupyterhub on Edisons (request for improvement)

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am aware that this request for improvement may appear as luxury to advanced users but please consider it , as it might be of great help for dummies (like me ) or for education (which is my goal ). I agree that ipython works perfectly on a terminal but it really look "has been" to the young used to web interfaces... In jupyterhub the device behaves like a webservser that enables authenticated web connections. In my use case groups of children are exposed to an Edison driving multiple sensors of a weatherstation; each group is in charge of one of the sensors.

Jupyterhub cannot be installed because python3 is not fully available and pip3 cannot be installed.

I am also aware that probably this improvement could be done just by compiling an ad-hoc image but unfortunately I have not the skills to do it (I'ii read...).

Thanks for any help .

Best regards

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi GerardVidal,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I'm going to pass this request to the right team and they will consider it. We really appreciate this because our customers opinions help us to improve our service.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi GerardVidal,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I'm going to pass this request to the right team and they will consider it. We really appreciate this because our customers opinions help us to improve our service.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi guys,

Happy new year to all of you all across the world !

This message to ask for some information about this proposal, was-it rejected, delayed , considered irrelevant... or ... is it under development or evaluation ?

To back by my words https://github.com/g-vidal/CahierDeProgrammes here is what I have done and dropped on github to try to introduce *"teaching with IoT"* using mraa upm (and unfortunately rpi.GPIO because it is developped on a Raspberry). I would like very much to transfer this work on Edisons which may facilitate teaching with Edisons and probably also facilitate development work in python on Edisons using jypyterhub.

I am sorry that the text-blocks are in french, I am preparing the translation nevertheless all python code blocks are operationnal and work. You may watch http://mediaserv.climatetmeteo.fr/users/GerardVidal/ObjetsConnectes/lePotDeYaourtMagique.mp4 The magic yoghurt pot which is the more complex wiring and program proposed to learners...

Thanks again and congratulations for the work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi GerardVidal,

Happy new year to you too! About your proposal, I passed the information to the team in charge, and they will consider it. It is all that I know, so I recommend you to be patient.

I also want to say, that thank you so much for letting us know what are you doing teaching with IoT, good job.

Regards,

-Leonardo
0 Kudos