Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WMcCl
Novice

End of the road for the Atom based Compute Sticks? I just read the article posted. If the Atom SOCs are being cancelled, how does this effect the Compute Sticks?

I just read the article posted. If the Atom SOCs are being cancelled, how does this effect the Compute Sticks?

http://www.neowin.net/news/intel-cancels-future-atom-projects-gives-up-on-smartphones-pulls-back-on-... Intel cancels future Atom projects; gives up on smartphones, pulls back on tablets

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The new ICS utilizes an Intel Core m3 processor...

WMcCl
Novice

:-)

The price difference between the Atom based compute stick and the core m3 compute stick is about $280. The only thing painful with the atom based sticks is the 32 gigs of ssd. I was finally able to work around that issue, so I was looking forward to a continuation of the line. Hopefully the core line will continue. I really like the concept. It's still a good line. We just don't need much processing power, just windows and a browser. Heck, if worse comes to worse, there are plenty of small computers, like gigabyte, that can be used by customers.

Wally

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi,

Scott is correct on his previous post but just to add some extra information on the recently released Intel Compute Stick with the Intel Atom x5 processor please be aware that it will be available along with the just now releasing version with the Intel Core processors through at the least the remainder of this year. And looking beyond that time, it is Intel's expectation that we will continue to offer a range of products in the compute stick segment in order to meet multiple price points and performance levels. Thanks for your interest in our products.

Regards,

Ronny G