I downloaded "Board_Support_Package_Sources_for_Intel_Quark_v1.2.0" and trying to build the setup for "meta-clanton_v1.2.0".
I have set git globally and am running behind proxy. after running setup.sh, when iam trying to do bitbake image-full.
I am receiving following error.
**********:~/meta-clanton_v1.2.0/yocto_build$ bitbake image-full
ERROR: OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:
TMPDIR is setgid, please don't build in a setgid directoryTMPDIR is setuid, please don't build in a setuid directory
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
Please Help me in resolving this issue.
Hi Bunny_Loofy ,
Did you have problems while downloading the file? Is the file you downloaded the same size as stated in the website (4.33MB)?
While running the setup.sh script, did you have warning/error messages in the log?
Which steps are you following? Are you using this file: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23962/eng/Quark_BSP_BuildandSWUserGuide_329687_007.pdf BSP Build and SW UserGuide
Have you done changes in the image before running the bitbake?
I suggest you to clean your build folder and start from scratch again, also you said that you are working behind proxy, take a look at this https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Working_Behind_a_Network_Proxy Working Behind a Network Proxy it could be helpful.
You shouldn't have this error message while building the image but I saw in the Internet a patch that could help you with this.
The file size what i downloaded is 4.6MB.
setup.sh was a long process, as far i saw, there were no errors.
I am following the BSP Build and SW UserGuide that you have mentioned.
did not change anything in the bitbake before build.
I have setup git-proxy using socat setup mentioned in the link.
compared it with existing sanity.bb and the existing sanity is already upto date with code in the patch.
I will clean the build and setup and redo everything from scratch and get back to you if i face the error again.
I was able to successfully build the BSP.
there was some dependency on prerequisites i think.
sudo apt-get install socat
sudo apt-get install build-essential gcc-multilib vim-common \
uuid-dev iasl acpidump sed wget cvs subversion git-core coreutils \
unzip texi2html texinfo libsdl1.2-dev docbook-utils gawk \
python-pysqlite2 diffstat help2man make gcc build-essential \
g++ desktop-file-utils chrpath libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev \
mercurial autoconf automake groff
This and re running setup.sh resolved the issue.
If that does not resolve it, try this command once:
and then run the build/ bitbake.