Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

Error in uploading first blink tutorial, Can't find directory. Please help.

wholl2
Novice

Hi,

I got this error when trying to upload first sketch.

i586-poky-linux-g++: error: Projects/hardware/tools/edison/sysroots/core2-32-poky-linux: No such file or directory

Makes me think it has to do with where the information is being pulled from but I really have no idea. The Comm settings are right and I don't think its even getting past compiling,

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

looks like your installation is somehow corrupted:

- did you possibly install the IDE within a long absolute path length directory? Could cause issues

- how did you extract the zip file?

- does the hardware/tools/edison/sysroots/core2-32-poky-linux subfolder exist at all?

wholl2
Novice

I used 7zip as the extractor and that file exists, where do I need to save it so that it works? I think that part should be fine but seems like the next best thing to try.

Thanks

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi wialho,

The Arduino IDE can be downloaded from here: http://www.intel.com/support/edison/sb/CS-035180.htm Intel® Edison Boards and Compute Modules — Software Downloads. You should extract it using 7zip. To avoid issues you should extract it in C:\

Regards,

Diego.