Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJack3
Novice

Error with IoT Kit

Hi guys. Right off the bat I am rather inexperienced with this stuff. This is my first time working with this stuff. So basically I have a PiR Sensor and I'm trying to get those values to the Analytics Dashboard. It works for about an hour and then it stops transmitting. When I try to send an observation it gives me this...

root@edison:~# iotkit-admin observation pirState 1

2015-02-28T20:22:48.389Z - info: Submitting: n=pirState, v=1

events.js:72

throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event

^

Error: ENOSPC, write

I have tried to: reset the Edison, reactivate the Iot Kit, reinitialize it, and I have tried registering the component again. None of these seemed to do anything. I would love some input.

P.S. attached is my Arduino code. Oh, and I do believe I am running the latest firmware.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

• what iotkit-agent version do you have installed?
  • the "iotkit-admin observation" is meant for tests only. You should rather go via the iotkit-agent I'd say [sending data via TCP/UDP as described elsewhere]
  • what does the log say? (systemctl status iotkit-agent, or /tmp/agent.log resp)

joanna.rozestwinska@intel.com - have you seen this issue?

Joanna_T_Intel
Employee

Hi ]mattjackson114,

ENOSPC means that there is no space on the drive, perhaps /tmp is full and agent cannot write to the log. You can check that by running 'ls' on this directory. You can also change log directory in agent config.

Regards,

Joanna

Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

You can check that by running 'ls' on this directory.

maybe even better running "df -h"

Brian_B_Intel
Employee

Most likely, it is the journal logs (/var/log/journal) filling up the root partition. I run into this frequently on my device. I found various threads discussing the topic:

/thread/55388?start=15&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/55388?start=15&tstart=0

Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

that shouldn't be an issue any longer for R2 (i.e. January release).

Have you upgraded your system yet?

Brian_B_Intel
Employee

No. I'm on a version from last year (edison-rel1-maint-weekly_build_16_2014-10-14_14-56-19).

I shouldn't have said it happened "frequently". It happened 2-3 times in the last few months.

Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

still I'd recommend updating to the latest image