cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Error: write flash disabled quark-D2000

Good day

i'm working on a custom board for a project with the quark d2000, but when i try to update the ROM i get the error in the image.

it say Error: quark_d2000_flash_write: Write Flash Disabled

trying to do it with the OpenOCD via the command line i get the same even when i input the command set QUARK_D2000_OTPC_DATA_WRITE_ENABLED 1

so what can i do

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Mauro,

We would like to know if this is the first time that you try to update the ROM. If it is, so, to install the driver navigate to C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_2016.1.067\tools\debugger\driver\install.bat and then try to update the ROM again.

Please let us know if after trying this you have gotten any screen error.

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

hi yermi

i run the install.bat but i get the same error

thanks

Mauro

idata
Community Manager

Hi Mauro,

Please try to download the OpenOCD from this link http://gnutoolchains.com/arm-eabi/openocd/ http://gnutoolchains.com/arm-eabi/openocd/, and then run openocd.exe. Also, please run C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_2016.1.067\tools\debugger\driver\install.bat with a double click (not as administrator), and run the ISSM the same way.

Let us know if now you can update the ROM.

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

hi Yermi

I did all of what you say and still get the same error

regards

Mauro

idata
Community Manager

Hi Mauro,

We would like to know which OS you are using.

Regards,

-Yermi.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Yermi,

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bits, also i have java JDK 1.8.0_102 and JRE 1.8.0_102 in case you were curious.

Regards

Mauro

idata
Community Manager

Hi Mauro,

We'll be investigating about this issue and as soon as we get any update, we'll post it here, also if you have any update about it, please let us know.

We'll appreciate your patience.

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

Hi Mauro,

I've been able to flash the Quark D2000 using Windows 8.1 64bits, so could you please check in the Device manager that you have an OpenOCD JTAG device under Universal Serial Bus devices? Then try to reinstall .bat.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

Hi Yermi

yes i have the OpenOCD JTAG device in USB devices like you can see in the photo

Regards

Mauro

idata
Community Manager

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for your reply.

I have gotten the same error message that you're receiving and I followed these steps and then it worked for me:

1. 1. Followed the instructions in this thread /thread/97027 https://communities.intel.com/thread/97027 (I got the same error message)
  2. 2. In the device manager I checked for OpenOCD JTAG device and it was recognized, then I unplugged the board and then plugged it again.
  3. 3. Then I was able to update the ROM.

Please, follow the instructions above and let me know your results.

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

Hi Yermi

i followed what you say and still the same error, i unplugged and plugged the system several times, i attach an image from the command line.

Regards,

Mauro

idata
Community Manager

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for following our instructions, it is strange that you still continue with this error message, please let us investigate a little bit more in order to help you with that.

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

Hi Mauro,

I apologize for the delay in our response.

Could you please uninstall ISSM, delete the leftover directory, and try to install it again? Also, if you have another PC, could you please try to install ISSM there?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

Hi Mauro,

I would like to know if you have tried my last suggestion. Do you still have the issue?

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

Hi Yermi,

Sorry but these days im a little busy so i havent tried, when i have the chance to try it i will update you

Regards,

Mauro

idata
Community Manager

Hi Mauro,

Don't worry! We'll be waiting for your updates.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

-Yermi