cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

External Flash for Program Code

Jump to solution

Hello! I'm used to work with Atmel uCs and I'm starting to work with D2000.

I'm surprised that there is only 32K for flash program. Is there a way to use external flash for program code?

Thanks,

Jorge.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi Jorge,

The answer to your question is not straight forward. Long story short, we don't have any example on how to interface an external memory. Does it mean that it is not possible? In fact it is possible. While the D2000 hasn't MMU, it does have a DMA that can manage the SPI. This would allow you to implement a MMU in software. Bear in mind tha this is not an easy task as not having an MMU you have do the memory mapping and paging by software with the limitations that adds the fact that you are using the DMA...

Regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Jorge,

Currently there is no documentation about how to do this, let me do some more investigation about how and if this is possible. I will let you know as soon as I get some more information/results.

Regards,

Charlie

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Jorge,

The answer to your question is not straight forward. Long story short, we don't have any example on how to interface an external memory. Does it mean that it is not possible? In fact it is possible. While the D2000 hasn't MMU, it does have a DMA that can manage the SPI. This would allow you to implement a MMU in software. Bear in mind tha this is not an easy task as not having an MMU you have do the memory mapping and paging by software with the limitations that adds the fact that you are using the DMA...

Regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Novice

Thank you Alex!

0 Kudos