Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vrram
New Contributor I

Fatal error: can't create ../drivers/debug/quark_d2000/obj/qm_adc.o: No such file or directory

Jump to solution

Dear All,

Please guide me to get out of this basic problem.

Thanks in advance!

Many Thanks,

venkatarramana

0 Kudos
1 Solution
vrram
New Contributor I

Dear All,

Thanks for the support.

I have used following versions of software.

jdk-8u91-windows-x64

jre-7u17-windows-x64

w_cembd_mv_p_1.0.0.027

later I have removed check of JAVA version in the .bat file, later it got worked.

Many Thanks,

venkatarramana

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi venkatarramana,

I would like to know more information about what you are doing.

1. Could you attach the code you are using?

2. What previous steps have you done?

Please let us know as much you can so we could find the root of the problem.

Did you have problems while installing the System Studio and drivers?

Regards,

Charlie

vrram
New Contributor I

Dear Charlie,

Thanks for your kind support. By seeing the response from intel group lots of happiness on my face.

Steps which I have followed.

1. installed JAVA runtime environment 1.8 (64 bit)

2. later i have installed Intel studio

3. when i am launching eclipse based application it was throwing error as "unable to find out 64-bit JAVA", later i have removed this check from .bat file

4. after above change, i am able to start the application

5. as per the guidance has given in the _getting_Started.html file, i have created a project with hello_world template

6. later i build the application, this was the error observed.

Please guide me.

Many Thanks,

venkatarramana

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi venkatarramana,

I've been trying to replicate your issue but I have been unable to have the same outcome. Right now I'm running the ISSM_2016 version on Windows 8.1, I'm using Java 7u75 (build1.7.0); file from Oracle website: jre-7u75-windows-x64.exe and I don't have problems under these conditions.

I suggest you to not modify the *launcher.bat, the problem you have may be related with JAVA and that could be the reason why you were receiving the message "unable to find out 64-bit JAVA" while using the launcher.

Have you checked if there is a conflict between JAVA versions on the PC? I think we should try to solve the problem with JAVA in order to see if this makes improvements on your environment.

Also, Is there any difference if you run the *launcher.bat as administrator on your PC?

Could you send us some screenshots? From the Project Explorer tab, Console tab, Problems tab and JAVA error.

Kind regards,

Charlie

vrram
New Contributor I

Dear Charlie,

Thanks for your guidance.

Let me install JAVA version as you suggested and let me try and let you know the results.

PC which i am using it currently, my user name is part of the administrator group.

Problem snapshot is attached.

Many Thanks,

venkatarramana

vrram
New Contributor I

After installing java runtime software as per your suggestions, i am getting below error.

Hi Venkatarrama,

It seem like the Intel System Studio not able to detect your Java JRE. Do you mind to print screen your Java installation details on Programs and Features window?

Thanks.

Soffi

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Venkatarrama,

Please check if you have an Environment Variable set for a previous version of JAVA/JRE on your PC, Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Environment Variables

Regards,

Charlie

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Venkatarrama,

Have you been able to use the IDE without problems?

Regards,

Charlie

vrram
New Contributor I

Dear Charlie,

Same problem even after installing multiple version of JRE, it is not working.

Can you please share the list of installation files, so that i can use same.

Many Thanks,

venkatarramana

Hi Venkatarrama,

The Java issue might be because of find command on script file (.bat file) fail to locate your Java. Suggest you to change the "find" to "findstr" (see below).

Thanks.

Soffi

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Venkatarrama,

I saw your thread and I would like to know if you still have problems while launching the .bat file or if you were able to solve this, if you solved this, please post your solution, I think it could help other developers in the future.

If you haven't been able to solve this issue, I would like to know if the PC you are using is a 32 or 64 bit machine.

The files and configuration I have on my PC (Windows8.1 – 64 bit) are the following (please let me know if these are the files you were asking for):

The environmental variable is not required, but you can create it to let the machine know you are using that version.

Let me know if you have the same files and configuration on your PC.

Regards,

Charlie

vrram
New Contributor I

Dear Soffi,

I have commented those lines and started executing it. After selecting sample project "hello_World", getting build error.

Pleased do the needful.

Many Thanks,

venkatarramana

vrram
New Contributor I

Dear All,

Thanks for the support.

I have used following versions of software.

jdk-8u91-windows-x64

jre-7u17-windows-x64

w_cembd_mv_p_1.0.0.027

later I have removed check of JAVA version in the .bat file, later it got worked.

Many Thanks,

venkatarramana

View solution in original post

Hi Venkatarramana,

Just want to cross check with you, do you used any Cygwin or MinGW or similar UNIX-like environments in your System PATH environment?

Thanks.

Soffi

vrram
New Contributor I

Dear Soffi,

I have not installed Cygwin. Just i have installed ISSM only.

Many Thanks,

venkatarramana

Hi Ventakarrama,

Could you help to double confirmed on the UNIX-like environment on your PC? Do check the PATH in the environment variable as below.

In meantime, could you help to provide full log file? Below are the steps to obtain the log file.

1. Go to eclipse > Project > Properties > C/C++ Build
  2. Uncheck the "Use default build command"
  3. Add '–d' after 'make' command

4. Press the OK to close the Properties windows
  5. Clean project > build project
  6. Go to \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.ui\
  7. You can see the build.log being stored here. Please attached the log file here.

Thanks.

Soffi

vrram
New Contributor I

Requested information!

11:17:01 **** Build of configuration build_debug for project led_interrupt ****

make

APP_NAME = led_interrupt

SOC = quark_d2000

APP_DIR = .

BUILD = debug

make -C ./bsp/drivers SOC=quark_d2000

process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, wmic os get name, ...) failed.

BUILD = debug

make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Users/Graphene/Desktop/iot programs/led_interrupt/bsp/drivers'

process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, wmic os get name, ...) failed.

make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Users/Graphene/Desktop/iot programs/led_interrupt/bsp/drivers'

i586-intel-elfiamcu-gcc -DPRINTF_ENABLE -DPUTS_ENABLE -O0 -g -DDEBUG -std=c90 -Wall -Wextra -Werror -Wno-unused-parameter -fmessage-length=0 -I./bsp/include -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -I./bsp/build/debug/quark_d2000/libqmsi/include -march=lakemont -mtune=lakemont -miamcu -msoft-float -DSPI_IRQ_MST -I./bsp/soc/quark_d2000/include -I./bsp/board/drivers -c -o debug/quark_d2000/obj/main.o main.c

i586-intel-elfiamcu-gcc -nostdlib -L./bsp/build/debug/quark_d2000/libqmsi/lib -Xlinker -T./bsp/soc/quark_d2000/quark_d2000.ld \

-Xlinker -A \

-Xlinker --oformat \

-Xlinker -Map=./debug/quark_d2000/obj/led_interrupt.map \

-o ./debug/quark_d2000/obj/led_interrupt.elf ./debug/quark_d2000/obj/main.o ./bsp/sys/debug/quark_d2000/obj/app_entry.o ./bsp/sys/debug/quark_d2000/obj/newlib-syscalls.o -lc -lnosys -lsoftfp -lgcc -lqmsi

i586-intel-elfiamcu-size ./debug/quark_d2000/obj/led_interrupt.elf

text data bss dec hex filename

7708 712 164 8584 2188 ./debug/quark_d2000/obj/led_interrupt.elf

i586-intel-elfiamcu-objcopy -O binary ./debug/quark_d2000/obj/led_interrupt.elf debug/quark_d2000/bin/led_interrupt.bin

11:17:03 Build Finished (took 2s.95ms)