Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

File system corruption wont let me make a serial connection to the Edison, Please help

Jump to solution

My friend tried re-flashing the Edison with the latest Yacto Image on Windows 10 and something went wrong. Now when I plug my intel edison module in to my linux or windows 10 computer, the computer reads it but when I try to make a serial connection for example in linux by typing:

$ sudo screen /dev/ttyUSB0 115200

and then pressing enter twice, it will ask me for my "edison login:" but then will start generating errors over and over again that look like this:

[ 380.948206] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p8): ext4_lookup:1437: inode # 7020: comm configure_ediso: deleted inode referenced: 46223

Does anyone know of any way I can completely restore this module?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

I solved the problem by following the instructions in this document:

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi iNV9O7,

You mentioned that your friend tried re-flashing the Edison on Windows 10 and that something went wrong. Do you remember the message that was shown at that point? What exactly went wrong in the process?

Have you tried to run the Flashall method in your Linux system? Try with that method, and remember to use the sudo command when running flashall.sh (sudo ./flashall.sh).

If this doesn't work, try to uninstall every driver for the Intel Edison of your computer: USB driver, iot kit, FTDI, etc. Then start over and let us know your results.

Regards,

-Pablo
idata
Community Manager

Hi! Sorry about the delay, I've been out of town this past week. When I try "sudo ./flashall.sh" I get

sudo: ./flashall.sh: command not found

How can I check what drivers are installed and uninstall them?

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

Hi iNV9O7,

Do you have updates on this case? Have you tried our suggestions?

Regards,

-Pablo
idata
Community Manager

I solved the problem by following the instructions in this document:

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hi iNV9O7,

I'm glad to hear that! I should've provided this document in my first reply, I apologize. Please don't hesitate to open a new thread if you find a new issue with your board, we'll be more than glad to help.

Regards,

-Pablo