Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinA_H_Intel
Employee

Flash memory increase for D2000

Jump to solution

Hi,

is there a way to add flash memory above the std 32k? Ie adding external flash?

If so, please recommend a module and process.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Mike_H_Intel
Employee

Hi martinhain,

External flash memory can be connected to the standard SPI bus, but it would not be extending the internal memory, just providing non-volatile memory which can be read and written to via the SPI bus. Any flash memory part that can operate at the same supply voltage as the D2000 should work.

Regards,

Mike.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello martinhain,

It is possible to use an external flash memory with the board but you will have to program the entire interface of how you would read the data stored on this memory. I mean, there is no official support for any external flash memory but if you find one that is compatible with one of the D2000's interfaces you might be able to control it using the API provided on QMSI.

This is a very interesting project, I encourage you to try it and share your experience with the community. Also, I suggest you to check aleesi .

-Peter.

Mike_H_Intel
Employee

Hi martinhain,

External flash memory can be connected to the standard SPI bus, but it would not be extending the internal memory, just providing non-volatile memory which can be read and written to via the SPI bus. Any flash memory part that can operate at the same supply voltage as the D2000 should work.

Regards,

Mike.

View solution in original post