cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Flash problem (dfu error)

Jump to solution

Hello. I tried to flash yocto to Edison but I get an error. Here is the listing:

sudo ./flashall.sh

Using U-Boot target: edison-blankcdc

Now waiting for dfu device 8087:0a99

Please plug and reboot the board

Flashing IFWI

# ] finished!

# ] finished!

Flashing U-Boot

# ] finished!

Flashing U-Boot Environment

# ] finished!

Flashing U-Boot Environment Backup

# ] finished!

Rebooting to apply partition changes

Now waiting for dfu device 8087:0a99

Flashing boot partition (kernel)

# ] finished!

Flashing rootfs, (it can take up to 5 minutes... Please be patient)

# dfu_download: libusb_control_transfer returned -1

Rebooting

U-boot & Kernel System Flash Success...

Your board needs to reboot to complete the flashing procedure, please do not unplug it for 2 minutes.

Help me please.

1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

It's very weird, but after using the phoneFlashTollLite with the error I tried flashall.sh again but with screen control. And it flashed my Edison. Thank you, Sergio.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

First, make sure you're powering the board with an external power supply before attempting to flash. What OS are you using on your computer? Have you installed dfu-util before running the flashall such as in https://software.intel.com/en-us/flashing-firmware-on-your-intel-edison-board-linux https://software.intel.com/en-us/flashing-firmware-on-your-intel-edison-board-linux. What image are you attempting to flash?

Sergio

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for response.

I tried with an external power and w/o it. I got the same result.

I use Ubuntu 14.04 on PC. I installed dfu-util. I tried to flash the latest image with yocto. But before this I had ubilinux with ROS,

Also I tried phoneFlashTollLite but unfortunately I have the follow error:

04/14/16 23:46:14.863 INFO : [Port 6] Running `"/usr/lib/phoneflashtoollite/dfu-util" "--alt" "u-boot-env1" "-D" "/home/duferob/Downloads/iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160315/u-boot-envs/edison-blankcdc.bin" "-t" "4096" "-R" "-d" "8087:0a99"` command

04/14/16 23:46:15.930 WARNING: [Port 6] Command `"/usr/lib/phoneflashtoollite/dfu-util" "--alt" "u-boot-env1" "-D" "/home/duferob/Downloads/iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160315/u-boot-envs/edison-blankcdc.bin" "-t" "4096" "-R" "-d" "8087:0a99"` failed

04/14/16 23:46:15.931 INFO : [Port 6] Retrying `"/usr/lib/phoneflashtoollite/dfu-util" "--alt" "u-boot-env1" "-D" "/home/duferob/Downloads/iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160315/u-boot-envs/edison-blankcdc.bin" "-t" "4096" "-R" "-d" "8087:0a99"` command

04/14/16 23:46:16.056 ERROR : [Port 6] Command `"/usr/lib/phoneflashtoollite/dfu-util" "--alt" "u-boot-env1" "-D" "/home/duferob/Downloads/iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160315/u-boot-envs/edison-blankcdc.bin" "-t" "4096" "-R" "-d" "8087:0a99"` failed

04/14/16 23:46:16.056 ERROR : [Port 6] Flash failed (Command type: DFU)

idata
Community Manager

It's very weird, but after using the phoneFlashTollLite with the error I tried flashall.sh again but with screen control. And it flashed my Edison. Thank you, Sergio.

View solution in original post