Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

Flashing edison over wifi (mac)

AWebb1
New Contributor I

I have a new edison and the small intel breakout board. I am trying to go through the process of updating my edision (as outlined here: )

In the guide once you are in it wants you to run: configure_edison --version

However, the above command does not exist on my edison. It redirects me to the --help menu and tells me the --version command does not work. Do I just have a very old edison that does not contain those commands? On a sidenote, I did use the same util with --wifi to setup the wifi without a hitch.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MMich22
New Contributor II

I also got my edison yesterday and experienced the same thing. Basically the new features of configure_edison are available once you have flashed the latest version of the edison image.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MMich22
New Contributor II

I also got my edison yesterday and experienced the same thing. Basically the new features of configure_edison are available once you have flashed the latest version of the edison image.

View solution in original post

AWebb1
New Contributor I

rosenrot you were spot on, with a new flash complete (v68) everything matches the doc perfectly. I'll have to wait to test the wifi upgrade method till a new version is released, but I pretty sure all is well now.