cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZimi
New Contributor II

Flashing external D2000 MCU by DevKit on-board JTAG

Hello,

Is it possible to use DevKit on-board jtag for programming my custom pcb with D2000 MCU?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AZimi
New Contributor II

Some explanation of my problem:

I made custom pcb with D2000 and trying to flash it, but get an error: "launch of openocd failed. bypassing jtag setup events, due to errors". Circuit diagram looks right and right voltages on D2000 pins.

Schematic attached.

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

How are you launching Openocd ?

This post may be of some assistance for connection to the JTAG

--Michelle.

AZimi
New Contributor II

Hi, MichelleC_Intel,

I'm launching openOcd from ISSM with standart D2000_onboard configuration.

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

That should work - can you just confirm the pin connection - I can't see clearly from the picture.

regards,

Michelle.

AZimi
New Contributor II

MichelleC_Intel

Sure.

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

This is the procedure that needs to be followed ... from looking at your setup it seems that step 4 could be your issue.

1. Remove all sleeves from jumpers J9,J10,J11,J15. J17 on the D2000

2. Power on your board using PWR/GND from the D2000

3. Make a 1:1 connection from pins on the D2000 (Pin's 2,2,2,1,1 on J9,J10,J11,J15. J17) to your board

4. Connect the RESET on the D2000 (J22 Pin 3) to RESET on your board

I did a quick test here with 2 D2000 boards and was able to get a good connection (Board on the right acting at the programmer)

--Michelle.

AZimi
New Contributor II

Thanks, MichelleC_Intel

But did you try to do this without RESET line?

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Yes I tried without the RESET connection and it did not work ..I had the same error you mentioned until I added it.

--Michelle.

AZimi
New Contributor II

MichelleC_Intel

I tried your solution, but without success.. Could you check my circuit diagram, maybe there's something fundamental error?

AZimi
New Contributor II

MichelleC_Intel

I made same test as you, with two Quark boards, and the second one flashing without RESET line.

UPDATE. I found the bug in the PCB - short-circuit between TCK line and ground, pcb's manufacturer made this error.

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

So it is working for you now ?

Just to clarify on the RESET - on the D2000 we have a mosfet on the FTDI reset signal ... so this is why we suggest to connect the J22 Pin3.

You would achieve the same reset by pressing the reset button in the correct sequence ...

regards,

Michelle.

AZimi
New Contributor II

MichelleC_Intel написал(а):

Hi,

So it is working for you now ?

Just to clarify on the RESET - on the D2000 we have a mosfet on the FTDI reset signal ... so this is why we suggest to connect the J22 Pin3.

You would achieve the same reset by pressing the reset button in the correct sequence ...

regards,

Michelle.

Now, I need to order new pcbs without short-current bug, current boards doesn't work.

As I can see, RESET line doesn't required for the flashing.

Thanks!