cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

GPIO pins testing on Edison Arduino and Breakout board differs issue

Hi,

I have been tested the GPIO pins on Arduino and Breakout board , i am getting different results on both boards.

I have done following procedure

# echo "115">/sys/class/gpio/export

# cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio115/value

# cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio115/direction

in

# echo "out"> /sys/class/gpio/gpio115/direction

# cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio115/direction

out

# echo "1"> /sys/class/gpio/gpio115/value

# cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio115/value

When I tested the above commands in Edison Arduino board, It's working good on software and values have been changed and when I probe on GPIO115(Test Point:51) the voltage changed from 0 to 1.8V.

But When I tested the above commands in Edison Breakout board, It's working good on software and values have been changed and when I probe on GPIO115(J17-12) the voltage not changing always showing 0V.

I have been checked the pin muxing also and changed to mode0 if it is mode1.

cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio_debug/gpio115/current_pinmux

mode1

echo mode0> /sys/kernel/debug/gpio_debug/gpio115/current_pinmux

cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio_debug/gpio115/current_pinmux

mode0

I tried to export the pins 259(for pull down) and 227(pull up), these pins are exporting on Edison Arduino board and values are changing but not exporting on Breakout board.

I am not getting why there is a difference in Edison Arduiono and Breakout boards behaviour.

This is the behaviour repeated for the pins GP109,111,114,115.

Can anyone please suggest what is the issue and did I miss anything for GPIO configurations.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi vinay@,

Just to clarify, when trying to configure the GPIOs in the Arduino expansion board and in the mini expansion board, are you using two different modules, each in a different expansion board or the same module is changed from board to board? I looked at the hardware guides from both boards and the physical pins you're measuring are the correct ones. How are you powering your mini breakout board?

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

I have configured gpio pins same for both expansion Arduino and breakout boards.

I am using meta Edison Intel image.

I tested with USB power as well as external power also.

In both cases I am not getting voltage on gpio pins.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

Its working now. The problem is with my Edison Chip, in that Power IC damaged due to that some of the modules unable to get power.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi vinay@,

Thank you for letting us know there was an issue with the power IC chip. If you want us to take a closer look to the case and how the chip got damaged you can create a service ticket here https://customercare.intel.com/?lang=en-US https://customercare.intel.com/?lang=en-US .

-Sergio

0 Kudos