Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Galileo Gen 2 Linux image compilation (IoT kit included)

Dear all

As many other people, I am the owner of a Galileo GEN 2 board and, as many others too, I am trying to compile its OS for being able to modify/program some very low caracteristicts of it after that.

I have been looking for a guide to do that on internet but it seems this issue is not very well covered. In fact, I have been 3 weeks trying to follow those guides with no proper results. I do no consider myself as an expert on this things (embedded systems & Linux) but I also not consider myself a complete ignorant on it.

Please, would be possible to ask for help in order to prepare a proper userguide/procedure/explanation about how to compile, at least, the basic OS for GALILEO GEN 2? It can be using Yocto, ct-ng,... or whatever other way/tool you want.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand how you feel, indeed the documentation regarding Galileo's BSP is very out of date. First I would like to let you know that I will make sure to pass your feedback to the appropriate team.

However, if you'd like to build Galileo's Yocto image, I would suggest you to use Quark's X1000 BSP. That BSP is compatible with Galileo since it is the SoC implemented on the board. You will find the BSP and its documentation in https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23197/Intel-Quark-SoC-X1000-Board-Support-Package-BSP-. Also, if you'd like to learn even more about Yocto development, you can always check their documentation, I'd suggest you to start by their Mega Manual http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7.3/mega-manual/mega-manual.html.

I hope this information helps you,

Pedro M.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Dear Pedro M.

Thank you for your answer.

I will try the BSP you mention this weekend/next week. I will keep you informed about the result.

Best regards

Miguel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for letting us know!

Please keep us updated, if you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Pedro M.
0 Kudos