Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9877 Discussions

Galileo Gen 2 doesn't get recognized by Windows 8

DAyde
Novice

I did everything 10 times from the beginning to make a connection through my computer.. cables connected correct way.. etc. In your forum people say use wall outlet.. How am I going to build a robot which I can't connect?

There is not a clue about this device.. I use Arduino 1.6.0 and tried to push blink project but its not even recognized.. I can't update firm driver.. anything..

I don't know what to do with this board.. I'll ask to refund it if I can't solve this issue soon.

4 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello doguhana,

Do you have any LED activity when connecting your Galileo to the power? How are you powering the board?

You might want to submit a warranty ticket using this form: http://www.intel.com/support/mailform/maker/warrantyemail.htm Intel Support. The Warranty Team will contact you and provide further help with your board once they receive the ticket.

Regards,

Diego.

DAyde
Novice

Hi Diego, thanks for answering. I just poster to support as well.

I do everything in order how you guys tell us. First I plug electricity to board and then both led lights turning on right away. No blink at all. Always on.

Then I plug my usb cable; first board then computer.

Then I check my device manager and I see there is one unrecognized Intel device. It shows this error when I go to properties.

"

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

"

Thx.

DAyde
Novice

By the way my OS is a Windows 8. Not 7.

It's look like everyone has the same issue and there is no answer by Intel at all.

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello doguhana,

You issue might be caused by the Galileo drivers. I would suggest you to install them again, however since you already submitted a warranty ticket the warranty team will help you with the appropriate troubleshooting process. So please continue the support in the ticket you submitted.

Regards,

Diego.