Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMoha19
Beginner

Galileo Gen 2 power connection options

Hi, I lost my power adapter that I got along with the board. I am looking for other possible options. Is 12 V, 1 A adapter a compatible one?

What other options do I have?

Can some one help me.

Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi msattine,

From http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/do-it-yourself/galileo-maker-quark-board.html Intel® Galileo Gen 2 Development Board—Empower Your Prototype

• Power regulation system changed to accept power supplies from 7V to 15V.

About current, check thread

HTH,

Fernando.

MMoha19
Beginner

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the information..

My understanding from the thread is that any adapter with voltage range of 7 - 12V, power more than 15W and jack size of 5.5mm/2.1mm should work.

I am exploring the options so that I can order perfect fit. I found adapter which is 12V, 1A and 5.5mm/2.1mm jack size. But this is not meeting the above power requirements. I am beginner and not going to run any complex activity on the board in the near future. Is it ok to use this adapter for now.

I also want to know if I can order the adapter alone that comes in the package.

Thanks,

Mohan.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi Mohan,

I'm far from being an expert, but I would not use less than the suggested power, which would be 12v 1.25A taking as reference that provided by the vendor mentioned at

I don't know about orders, maybe at the store you got your card will be able to assist you.

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Mohan,

The information provided by Fernando is accurate. The original power adapter of the Galileo Gen 2 provides 12V/1.25 A, so as long as you supply it between 7-15V and a current above 1.25A the Galileo should perform well. Regarding the order of only the power adapter, I would recommend to go to a Hardware store and ask for a power adapter that meets the power supply requirements mentioned above. I hope you find this information useful.

Regards

-Jose.
MMoha19
Beginner

Hi Fernando and Jose,

I checked online to find adapter that suit the requirements and in most cases the jack size is not mentioned properly. I will check if I can get it in any nearby store.

Thanks for the information,

Mohan.