cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Galileo - Web Production Environment

Hi,

Do you know any usage of Intel Galieo as a web server in a production environment? Please include URLs, if any.

TIA,

Fernando.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi FGT,

We are not sure what do you want to know exactly of the Intel Galileo as a web server production environment, so if you can give us more information that would be great.

There are a lot of examples with the Galileo as a web server like this one: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-galileo-boards/000006336.html. If this is the information that you are looking for, we hope this would be helpful.

Regards,

-Leonardo
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you very much for your reply. Actually, I've seen most of the available examples at Intel web pages (see comment below). I would like to know abut real applications (that's why I used "in a production environment" in my question-initial post) in which an Intel Galileo is used (mostly) as a web server.

Comment about Intel Galileo web server examples:

a) The link you posted needs a wireless card, which I don't have at hand. Anyhow, if there is some real application which needs such hardware it's welcome too. BTW, the page you refered to has a typo: "wirelss"

b) Almost all web examples in the Arduino IDE (even those "adapted" to Intel Galileo) have some error or unnecessary code. Take a look at

BR,

Fernando.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Replying to myself only to document there is a very old thread similar to this one,

And it seems it did not have an answer.

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Hi FGT,

Thank you so much for explaining your question. About real applications using the Intel Galileo as a web server, we are not aware about a specific application but doing some research I found a book called "Home Automation with Intel Galileo", in this http://download.springer.com/static/pdf/108/chp%253A10.1007%252F978-1-4302-6838-3_9.pdf?originUrl=ht... link you can find the chapter 9 of the book, in this chapter looks like they are doing an application using the Intel Galileo as a web server so it can be useful for you.

Remember if you are going to use Wi-Fi in the Intel Galileo you need a Wireless module. And we also want to thank you for the comments that you gave us about the Intel Galileo web server examples, and we are going to report these errors or unnecessary code.

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards,

-Leonardo
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you very much,

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Hi FGT,

It is nice to see that this was helpful for you.

If you need something else let us know.

Regards,

-Leonardo