Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVagl
Novice

Galileo blinking led

Hello, I have an Intel Galileo but is not possible to force it work with the new Arduino 1.6.6, I puted the blinking led program example but is not working, is the same in Windows or Ubuntu linux, somebody can help me?

I haI
7 Replies
Matthias_H_Intel
Employee

where did you get the "new Arduino 1.6.6"?

Have you tried the Arduino IDE from http://www.intel.com/support/galileo/sb/CS-035101.htm Intel® Galileo Boards — Software Downloads ?

CVagl
Novice

Yes, I've downloaded from the site of intel but is not working, I don't know what is happend, the version is 1.6.0, i can download the program into the Galileo card but is not working the most simple program (blinking led) but in the Arduino Uno is working, so I think is a problem with the Galileo, because in an older version (1.5.5) the blinking led program is working.

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Vaglienty,

I've just downloaded the Arduino IDE 1.6.6 version and I was able to upload the blink example. In order to upload sketches to the Galileo board, you have to install first the packages for Galileo. You can do this in the Boards Manager found in Tools>Board>Boards Manager.

However, I recommend you to use the Arduino IDE 1.6.0 which can be downloaded from the site that mhahn posted above. This version has the Galileo and Edison boards already included without the need of installing additional packages.

Regards,

Diego.

CVagl
Novice

I did, but is the same problem. I need to download a new firmware?

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Vaglienty,

It seems that the Galileo's firmware is not updated. Please use the Firmware Updater Tool to update the boards' firmware: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24748 Download Intel® Galileo Firmware and Drivers 1.0.4. Once the firmware is updated, try again to upload the blink sketch using the Arduino IDE 1.6.0.

Regards,

Diego.

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Vaglienty,

Did you try to update the firmware on your board by using the Firmware Updater Tool?

Regards,

Charlie

CVagl
Novice

Hello, I did today, now the Galileo is working, thank you very much, now I only need to download the image for sd card, best regards.