cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Galileo doesn't appear to support all SPI Modes

Jump to solution

The Galileo appears to always be set to SPI_MODE0 even when trying to change to other modes with the following command in the Arduino IDE: SPI.setDataMode(SPI_MODE1) based on the reference at http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/SPI Arduino - SPI .

The release notes list LSB-first not being supported in 1.7.13 but doesn't list not supporting other SPI modes. Is this correct?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hi andys

We've done some testing and it seems to be working fine. Did you remember to use the SPI.begin() in the setup? Also, make sure to include SPI.setDataMode() after you initialize SPI. That could be the cause of the signal switching back to mode 0. It would be easier if you could provide the code you are using to test this, so we can replicate your issue.

Regards

JPMontero_Intel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi andys

As far as I understand its says that LSB-first is not currently supported, but doesn't mention if there are other kinds of SPI modes that are not supported, but let me double check that . Regarding the SPI.setDataMode() I'll do some testing to see how is this behaving in my board I'll let you know if I find something useful.

Regards

JPMontero_Intel
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi andys

We've done some testing and it seems to be working fine. Did you remember to use the SPI.begin() in the setup? Also, make sure to include SPI.setDataMode() after you initialize SPI. That could be the cause of the signal switching back to mode 0. It would be easier if you could provide the code you are using to test this, so we can replicate your issue.

Regards

JPMontero_Intel

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi JPMontero_Intel,

Thank you for the tip. In my previous sketches for the Arduino Uno I could call the SPI.setDataMode() before SPI.begin() and it was preserved but the Galileo requires the SPI.setDataMode() after initializing the SPI with SPI.begin().

Andy