Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMora15
Novice

Gamepad Support On Edison USB Port

Jump to solution

Howdy.

I was wondering if it's possible to utilize gamepad controllers (such as Xbox or Logitech Dual Action) on the native USB port. I've been able to get mouse inputs working though the use of the <linux/input.h> libraries.

Most Linux systems typically map gamepads to /dev/input/js0, however the Edison maps them to /dev/input/event2 just like any other USB peripheral. Would there be a way perhaps to utilize the <linux/joystick.h> libraries provided in the Linux Kernel in my Edison programs?

Any support or example scripts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @MMora15​,

Thanks for contacting us. I am not aware if such libraries would work with the Intel(R) Edison board. There are quite a few examples using a joystick with the groove kit sensors available for the board here, I've seen also another user re-create a video-game using the Edison with a PS4 Bluetooth controller, it might be a better alternative to connect your Xbox controller using Bluetooth. You can find more information about that project here .

Hope you have found this helpful, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @MMora15​,

Thanks for contacting us. I am not aware if such libraries would work with the Intel(R) Edison board. There are quite a few examples using a joystick with the groove kit sensors available for the board here, I've seen also another user re-create a video-game using the Edison with a PS4 Bluetooth controller, it might be a better alternative to connect your Xbox controller using Bluetooth. You can find more information about that project here .

Hope you have found this helpful, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

View solution in original post