Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAtlu1
New Contributor II

Garbled folders in mmc even after flashall --recovery and flashall!

Jump to solution

This is strange.

Even after I do flashall --recovery and flashall....

When i run fatls mmc 0:5 ...it is showing as below....is the internal emmc gone?? I have hardly flashed 10-15 times...this is kinda strange and it seems to show files from previous flash...

boot > fatls mmc 0:5 5425056 bzimage 3713600 bzimage.backup 8284799 initramfs-edison-new 8284735 initramfs-edison 3407872 modloop-edison apks/ ▒u.i/ ▒▒(▒.▒▒/ t&▒x▒iv▒.▒▒▒/ t▒▒p▒*▒:.hb▒/ -2020589509 ▒▒e?▒gg▒.b▒ -1495619275 ▒▒^▒z▒.▒▒$ -1739805739 gr▒▒▒▒▒▒.▒l6 -44407276 ▒).▒▒.▒▒▒ 9 file(s), 5 dir(s)

Tags (1)
1 Solution
RAtlu1
New Contributor II

If the OSIP header relating to image-size-blocks as well as the Rootfs-count are kept the same; then this problem seems to vanish.

I will take this as a correct answer for now and will check for more scenarios and get back if the problem persists.

Please note the same count has be to used for bs=512 as well when creating a fat or ext4 file. Just incase someone here is interested. Will release a few distros after a bit more testing...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

I'm trying to reproduce your issue, but am not seeing the same behavior. When I run the command:

boot > fatls mmc 0:5

I get a ** Unrecognized filesystem type ** message. I'm using the latest image version (Release 3.5). Could you send us more information to reproduce?

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

RAtlu1
New Contributor II

The problem comes with trying to flash in a non-standard way using intel xfstk tools other than dfu-utils. And post that even if we try to reflash it using dfu-utils it doesnt help much.

I guess the problem stems from the fact that there is no way to directly format the internal emmc. At times we are only altering the partition tables.....is there a way we can wipe it clean before flashing any other image??

That will help determine if its emmc problem or a formatting problem...awaiting your answer

idata
Community Manager

Have you considered using parted to clean the partition table? Parted comes included in the latest image release. You can see more information here http://www.tecmint.com/parted-command-to-create-resize-rescue-linux-disk-partitions/ http://www.tecmint.com/parted-command-to-create-resize-rescue-linux-disk-partitions/ .

Let us know if you found this helpful.

-Sergio

RAtlu1
New Contributor II

Well the problem is it has to be done at u-boot level if at all or at the time of flashing. It cannot be done from within your latest image release so we are planning to use a custom image

RAtlu1
New Contributor II

If the OSIP header relating to image-size-blocks as well as the Rootfs-count are kept the same; then this problem seems to vanish.

I will take this as a correct answer for now and will check for more scenarios and get back if the problem persists.

Please note the same count has be to used for bs=512 as well when creating a fat or ext4 file. Just incase someone here is interested. Will release a few distros after a bit more testing...

View solution in original post