Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mamma
Beginner

Get Data From ITG3200 Gyroscope using Intel Edison (Arduino board) using node js (mraa)

Jump to solution

Hi, I 'm trying to get data from ITG3200 sensor using mraa library under node js,

the broblem is that the ITG3200 library from UMP is not supported by the board.

01// Load gyroscope module02var itg3200 = require('jsupm_itg3200');03// load this on i2c04var gyro = new itg3200.Itg3200(0);<table style="margin: 0 !important; padding: 0 !impor...
1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Mondher_Ben_Ammar,

Considering that the original author of the library included this line where he pointed out that the library is not compatible with the Arduino Expansion Board and a quick look that I took to the library; it looks like this deep down into the library's architecture, so it'll be quite hard to change it in a way that makes it compatible with such board.

I honestly believe that the best option would be to create a new library that is from the ground up compatible with the Arduino Expansion board, nevertheless this also could prove to be a challenging task, so I'd suggest you to contact the original author of the library to see if she can provide you a more accurate answer, the contact information can be found in the example's page, here: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/upm/blob/master/examples/javascript/itg3200.js upm/itg3200.js at master · intel-iot-devkit/upm · GitHub.

Peter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Mondher_Ben_Ammar,

Considering that the original author of the library included this line where he pointed out that the library is not compatible with the Arduino Expansion Board and a quick look that I took to the library; it looks like this deep down into the library's architecture, so it'll be quite hard to change it in a way that makes it compatible with such board.

I honestly believe that the best option would be to create a new library that is from the ground up compatible with the Arduino Expansion board, nevertheless this also could prove to be a challenging task, so I'd suggest you to contact the original author of the library to see if she can provide you a more accurate answer, the contact information can be found in the example's page, here: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/upm/blob/master/examples/javascript/itg3200.js upm/itg3200.js at master · intel-iot-devkit/upm · GitHub.

Peter.

View solution in original post

mamma
Beginner

Thanks Intel_Peter