Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9880 Discussions

Get Data From ITG3200 Gyroscope using Intel Edison (Arduino board) using node js (mraa)

mamma
Beginner

Hi, I 'm trying to get data from ITG3200 sensor using mraa library under node js,

the broblem is that the ITG3200 library from UMP is not supported by the board.

01// Load gyroscope module02var itg3200 = require('jsupm_itg3200');03// load this on i2c04var gyro = new itg3200.Itg3200(0);<table style="margin: 0 !important; padding: 0 !impor...
1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Mondher_Ben_Ammar,

Considering that the original author of the library included this line where he pointed out that the library is not compatible with the Arduino Expansion Board and a quick look that I took to the library; it looks like this deep down into the library's architecture, so it'll be quite hard to change it in a way that makes it compatible with such board.

I honestly believe that the best option would be to create a new library that is from the ground up compatible with the Arduino Expansion board, nevertheless this also could prove to be a challenging task, so I'd suggest you to contact the original author of the library to see if she can provide you a more accurate answer, the contact information can be found in the example's page, here: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/upm/blob/master/examples/javascript/itg3200.js upm/itg3200.js at master · intel-iot-devkit/upm · GitHub.

Peter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Mondher_Ben_Ammar,

Considering that the original author of the library included this line where he pointed out that the library is not compatible with the Arduino Expansion Board and a quick look that I took to the library; it looks like this deep down into the library's architecture, so it'll be quite hard to change it in a way that makes it compatible with such board.

I honestly believe that the best option would be to create a new library that is from the ground up compatible with the Arduino Expansion board, nevertheless this also could prove to be a challenging task, so I'd suggest you to contact the original author of the library to see if she can provide you a more accurate answer, the contact information can be found in the example's page, here: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/upm/blob/master/examples/javascript/itg3200.js upm/itg3200.js at master · intel-iot-devkit/upm · GitHub.

Peter.

mamma
Beginner