Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmanc1
Novice

Hello to experts I need understanding to Intel edison

I recently bought Intel Edison and installed edison-image-rel1-maint-rel1-ww42-14 which is working fine initially.When I do opkg upgrade and restart edison I am not able to login with the actual credentials.

Credentials are obtained by configure_edison --setup.

I will be looking for any help as immediate as possible.Thanks in advance for considering my small query.

@--Harish.

6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

Why did you run opkg upgrade? Were you trying to check if you were successfully communicating with a repository or trying to upgrade or download some packages?

If you want to check if you're successfully communicating with a repository the command you need to use is opkg update.

If you want to upgrade specific packages the command is opkg install package_name.

If you're using AlexT's repository then you shouldn't use opkg upgrade, as explained here http://alextgalileo.altervista.org/edison-package-repo-configuration-instructions.html http://alextgalileo.altervista.org/edison-package-repo-configuration-instructions.html .

Sergio

hmanc1
Novice

Hi Sergio ,

First I thank you for valuable reply , as you said opkg upgrade is not required I fully agree with this but I am looking for the reason why login credentials are miss matching after doing opkg upgrade,which file is effecting by doing this is not clear.I am literally surprised by this behavior.In general this should not happen.

If you can provide me the details of what files will be involved to check for login credentials in yocto images it will be helpful to me.

--Harish.

idata
Community Manager

I believe the package name responsible for this behavior is base-passwd. If you're communicating with AlexT's repo you'll notice the base-passwd package. When you run opkg upgrade this package overwrites the information of the password you previously set. I ran a test on the 3.0 release and updated this package but the password remained unchanged so the issue may be on edison-image-rel1-maint-rel1-ww42-14.

Can you try to run the same test using the latest image and see if the behavior persists?

Sergio

hmanc1
Novice

Ya sure ,I will try with latest Image and let you know once done.

--Harish

idata
Community Manager

Have you managed to make the test using the latest image?

Sergio

hmanc1
Novice

Hi Sergio,

Yes I found it working thanks for the guidance.

-Harish