cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Help! 3d Printing Galileo

Jump to solution

I have been tasked to make a 3d printer using a Intel Galileo gen 2.

Do any projects exist already that i could use for reference?

Is it possible to build a 3d printer using the galileo?

Any and all advice welcome and badly needed...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hello dazed3d,

There aren't projects like this in the community (or at least I'm not aware of any). On the other hand, there are many projects of 3D printers using Arduino, you could search for these kind of projects and try to adapt them to the Galileo. Remember that Galileo is Arduino compatible and it has the Arduino UNO footprint, so although there aren't projects made specifically with a Galileo board, it doesn't mean you can't adapt one of the existing projects to be used with Galileo.

I did a quick research and I found the following results:

If you notice, most of the 3D printer projects have been done with an Arduino MEGA which has more IO pins than the Arduino UNO. That could be a limiting requirement to use the Galileo board because it has the same footprint as the Arduino UNO, but if you are able to adapt the project to use no more than the pins the Galileo board has, I would say the project might be done with a Galileo.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Employee

Hello dazed3d,

There aren't projects like this in the community (or at least I'm not aware of any). On the other hand, there are many projects of 3D printers using Arduino, you could search for these kind of projects and try to adapt them to the Galileo. Remember that Galileo is Arduino compatible and it has the Arduino UNO footprint, so although there aren't projects made specifically with a Galileo board, it doesn't mean you can't adapt one of the existing projects to be used with Galileo.

I did a quick research and I found the following results:

If you notice, most of the 3D printer projects have been done with an Arduino MEGA which has more IO pins than the Arduino UNO. That could be a limiting requirement to use the Galileo board because it has the same footprint as the Arduino UNO, but if you are able to adapt the project to use no more than the pins the Galileo board has, I would say the project might be done with a Galileo.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post