Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9872 Discussions

Help with using Wifi in Joule

MIzen
Novice

Hi all

I would like to enable the Wifi on Joule, DHCP is preferable

In serial terminal I tried "ifconfig wlan0 up" but got " ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device"

I also tried "connmanctl" and then "enable wifi" but got "Error wifi: Method "SetProperty" with signature "sv" on interface "net.connman.Technology" doesn't exist"

Last chance was editing /etc/network/interfaces and adding:

auto wlan0

iface wlan0 inet dhcp

But still does not get a working wifi

How can I enable it?

Thanks in advanced

Maor

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Maor_Izenberg,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Joule™ Platform.

Could you be so kind to provide me the image that you are using? If you are using the Ref OS IoT, I would encourage you to follow this guide in order to set up a WiFi connection https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/721518 IoT .

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
MIzen
Novice

Hi

Sorry for the late answer

I work on AGL which builds an image for Intel Joule

I followed the instructions for Ref-OS-IoT and after calling "connmanctl enable wifi" still gets this:

Error wifi: Method "SetProperty" with signature "sv" on interface "net.connman.Technology" doesn't exist

Regards

idata
Community Manager

Hi Maor_Izenberg,

Personally, I don't have too much experience with the image created by AGL. At the moment, I'm only aware of the Ref OS IoT, Ubuntu and Windows® 10 IoT Core. I would encourage you to contact AGL directly in their community https://www.automotivelinux.org/ Automotive Grade Linux , maybe they will be able to provide you further assistance.

Best Regards,

-Jose P.