Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALaxg
Beginner

[How-To] Intel Compute Stick Windows 10 Installation in under 40 mins

A simple guide to make an Windows 10 installation under 40 mins.

//Working (only) with built 10240 RTM (yet)!// -Thanks to Rumbaar.

What do you need:

1. Get Windows on an USB drive
  • Download the Universal Media Creation tool for https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10 Windows 10 and start it
  • Choose Create installations media for another PC and go to next

• Choose your language, your edition of Windows (pre-installed version is 8.1 home, so -> Windows 10 home) and 32-bit version of Windows
  • Go to next
  • Choose USB-Drive and go next
  • Choose your USB Drive and click next
Windows is now Installing on USB

2. Install Windows on your Compute Stick

• Boot up Windows 8.1
  • Go to your USB-drive in the Windows Explorer and double click at setup.exe
  • Go throw the setup
  • After you done with setup the Compute Stick will restart and will install much faster Windows 10!

Thank you very much for reading this.

-Alex

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AKriz
New Contributor I

If it's the 10586 version, you'll end up with a non functional system.

Bit it's this the same Intel instructions? Issues are now with the latest 10586 version of Windows.

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you alexmax989 for the information you kindly provide us to help people install Windows 10.

Regards!

PFern5
Beginner

And if i need to install from zero?

I already have a Bootable CD of Win10

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi PauloCesar1301,

In this case, I recommend upgrading the unit following the http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/stck1a32wfc/sb/CS-035724.htm Windows® 10 Upgrade Instructions.

If you install Windows from scratch the warranty will be void and you will need a new license to validate Windows 10, if you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 the license still continues with the new version.

Regards!

ALaxg
Beginner

Hey PauloCesar1301,

You can install it from Zero, just click in the Setup of Windows Installation ''Keep nothing'' and it'll be clean installed or you can try to boot from the usb in BIOS and install it this way. (I don't know if this works, didn't test it, because of time lag)

ivanu_intel thanks for your answer too and yes you'll loose your Windows key, I correct the Manual in few minutes. You can download a key Viewer (Win 8.1) to view your key and to reactivate Windows with the new November build (as soon as it works ). I try to find a way to install this too, to the cute little compute stick .

-Alex

IUman
Honored Contributor II

Your welcome Alex!

I hope everything comes well with your Intel® Compute Stick.

Thanks