Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aedwa2
New Contributor III

How can I change the ip address of AP mode from 192.168.42.1 to something else

I have a system with three Edison's each of which is in AP mode. They have different ssid's so I can connect to whichever one I want with an ESP8266 so that seems fine. But I anticipate problems and it is certainly difficult for development to not be able to log onto the one I want because they all have the same address.

The only place I can find 192.168.42.1 is in this file wpa_cli-actions.sh

The address is hard coded with this line

ifconfig $GIFNAME 192.168.42.1 up

I am looking for a config file that has the address but can't find it.

I would like each of my units to work with a different address for example

etc.

Allen

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Allen,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel Edison Platform.

We appreciate all the information provided. Please let us investigate a little bit more and as soon as we find useful information we'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience during the meantime

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

Hi Allen,

Thanks for your patience. I have been investigating how to accomplish it, since the AP mode is supported through hostapd, I have been modifying the /etc/hostapd/udhcpd-for-hostapd.conf file following this: http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Wireless_AP_with_udhcpd_and_NAT http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Wireless_AP_with_udhcpd_and_NAT, however, the Edison always shows the same IP, 192.186.42.1. I would like to let you know that I'll continue investigating in order to know how it could be perform. If you have any update, please let me know.

Regards,

-Yermi

aedwa2
New Contributor III

Thank you for your effort on my behalf. I wanted to let you know that I have worked around this issue and no longer need to change the address. There does not seem to be a conflict between two APs with the same address. It only is a conflict if they are on the same network and that can't happen with two APs. Again, thank you for your efforts.